Tuesday, December 6, 2011

WOYWW #131-Rudolph Reinbeer and Rudolf the Reindeer Candy Bar Wrapper


 Welcome to another What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday ....#131. Julia is working this week on her organization skills, so lets all hop over and see what she has done with her desk and her list too!  This project literally just came off of my desk tonight.  I am purposely not showing you my actual desk this week because I want to surprise you and show off my new desk, but I want to work on my craft room organization first , so it may be a few weeks because of the Christmas rush. I still want to finish showing off the rest of the wedding project too...maybe I can finish that off next week!


       I saw these Reindeer candy bar wrappers on Splitcoast and had to re-create them. Aren't they just festive and fun? They take  about 10 minutes to make them all. I know a few little ones that will be tickled with these!  I just wrapped the candy bar in brown paper- The eyes are 3/4 punches with the black piece using a 1/2 inch  punch. The brown part of the  nose is the 1 3/8 punch from Stamping Up and the red is the 1 inch punch. The little "hair" on the top of the reindeer's head is half of the SU! round scallop punch. I used a Hershey plain chocolate bar inside and added some brown pipe cleaners for antlers(attached with glue dots inside the brown wrap). It would have been fun to do a little sponging, but I wanted to make these really fast and easy.

Then I helped my crafting buddy Jill make a six pack of Reinbeers.
Just kidding.


Here is the whole herd!  After I took this picture, I see these Reinbeers look like they may have already hit Happy Hour...their eyes are pretty wonky. LOL  Jill is going to give her six pack to her nephew...and I am going to make one using a six pack of rootbeer for my son.  I found this idea on Pinterest! So many good ideas on there. If you have not experienced Pinterest...you must!

I just wrapped a brown fuzzy pipe cleaner around the cap, added a few small pieces for the spikes on the antlers, glued on a red nose and of course the wonky eyes LOL! They are a little bit of a booger to put on because of trying to put hot glue on those little eyes. Hotsy on the fingers!

Thanks for stopping in today! See you soon. I am heading off to see my grandsons this weekend and do a bit of shopping too! So looking forward to some Gwamma hugs!


Pin It!

20 comments:

jude said...

Have great weekend and hopefully shops wont be too crowded muind the big day is getting nearer.
Love the reindeers i used to do similar thing with candy cane sticks ,pipe cleaners for antlers googley eyes and small brown pom pom for nose.Have fun with the root beer ,will take ppek at oinfest later
have fab woyww
hugs judex

Larisa said...

wow! They are so cute and made me smile!

Annie said...

Love your reindeer. Brill idea.
A x

Eve said...

oh Sue, luv your Six pack!! lol!! I joined in pinterest but haven't had any time to look around yet... great way to bring to the home parties! ... ok, but i have to make, like 30 of them, if my bf likes the idea... lol...

Deloris said...

Those are adorable! Love them!

Joey said...

Sue your post made me smile today, what great gift ideas!!! xxx

C said...

Reinbeer! No way...too cute. Makes me wish we knew someone who drinks the stuff.

Love the candy bars too.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Fantastic ideas - I love the beer ones! They look half cut already, lol!! Gonna show this to my teacher friend, I'm sure the kids would love to do the choccy wrappers xx
Hugs, LLJ #3 x

Pam Sparks said...

hohoho cute! Love the candy bar wrappers Sue!

Danni said...

How fun!! Great projects!

Spyder said...

these are fabulous ideas and so funny, love those googly eyes! Have a great crafty week. HaPpY WoYw ((Lyn)) #31

June Nelson said...

Morning sue, whata fabby idea, really fun love em xxx

Lisa-Jane said...

Those reindeer candy wrappers are totally brilliant! I am definitely going to make some and I have Pinned your picture to remind me.

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm. Frightened to get into pinterest, so rely on you to convey such beauty and fun as you know we'll love. Swooning over the reindeers in particular!!

Leslie Miller said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Loving these! So cute!

Carol L said...

ReinBEER! I LOVE it, and they're too stinkin' CUTE!! Great candy wrappers too! I love it all :)

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Oh my, what cute little reindeer's :)

Sue said...

Sue, these are adorable! Kids will love them, as much as the chocolate inside! Fun.

My best friend brews her own beer, this would be a cute idea for the holidays! TFS.

Hugs
Sue

Shoshi said...

Lol! They are really funny! Love the pipe cleaner antlers! Just goes to show what fun you can create with the minimum of materials. The kids will adore them. Happy belated WOYWW, Shoshi #53

downrightcrafty said...

these made me smile, another great idea
Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...