Saturday, March 11, 2017

Life is Better in Flip Flops









Life is Better in Flip Flops!





***



I was inspired to make these flip flop cards by this post on Thistlewood Farms written by blog author  Kari Anne-


I have read it several times...she is such a wonderful writer and blogger!  She is quite the character and never ceases to make me smile.





For today's cards I am using some pretty Bella Blvd flowered paper (baby girl)...Yep, some paper I have been hoarding because it is so dang cute...I decided to let it rip and just use it...woo hoo-a big step for this paper addict! I used some Michaels solid cardstock for the base and lined the inside of the  card with some white Georgia Pacific 110lb cardstock. The file does not show an inside lining, but I usually like to finish off my cards with a liner piece to write my message on. 



The sentiment is one of two included with the cut file- they are print and cut files and easy to use on your card. I love that you can ungroup the words and color them any color you desire.  If you look closely you can see I made some with Pink, Purple and Orange words.  I am not sure that shows in my pictures. 


To make an envelope that was a perfect fit for my odd sized flip flop card I layered the flip flop piecing(In Silhouette software you would right click flip flop piece and choose Bring to Front)- and place inside the envelope (see below). I stretched the A2 envelope so the rectangle inside the dotted lines was 3.75 x 7 inches-a perfect fit for the Flip Flop!  I did remove the dashed score lines and just scored the lines manually instead. I thought that would work better for mailing.  I added 1/8 inch score tape around the edges that needed to stick shut-you can see that in the pictures below.

A2 Envelopes












Remember this:

There is only one you.
And that you is amazing.
 -KariAnne

Don't forget to tell your story!


I do hope you have enjoyed my projects today.  
You can find these files and more at 




Pin It!

6 comments:

Stempelbavaria said...

Hi Sue,
wonderful cards and envelope!
x Daniela

Marilyn said...

Cute cards!!

Glenda Atkins said...

OMGosh so darn cute and a pretty fabulous envelope too! You never cease to amaze. Love it!
hugs
Glenda

Deloris said...

So dang cute!

Lola said...

Darling cards AND envelopes!

Sandy said...

So colorful and full of fun! We have been gone for the last 2 weeks so I am horribly behind!!
Sandy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...